Let’s face it, many of us are on a tight schedule. If you have a family or demanding job, I’m sure you can understand how hard it is to (physically) go to the gym. HOWEVER, there are creative ways you can burn calories throughout the day. Here are a few of my favorites.
- On the job – If you go out to lunch, opt for picking it up instead of having it delivered to your office. depending on the distance, you could burn an extra 100 calories just by walking to and from the restaurant.
- While watching television – During commercials, jog or run in place. According to Prevention Magazine, a 150 pound woman can burn 45 calories in just 5 minutes.
- While traveling – If you are staying at a hotel, book a room on the 5th floor (or higher) and use the stairs instead of the elevator.
- At work – Opt for a parking space at the back of the parking lot instead of one up front, the extra steps will add up and help you burn more calories.
- With family – Turn playtime with your kids into a mini workout session. Instead of watching your kids play, get out there and run around with them. This is a great way to spend quality time with your kids AND burn more calories.
Check out more easy ways to fit in 10 minutes of exercise at Prevention.