If there are gaps in the nutrients you should be receiving from the food you eat, taking a daily multivitamin is a great way to supplement for anything you might be missing. Dr. Frank Lipman lists a multivitamin among his “Everyday Fab Four” supplements that we should take everyday.
Benefits of taking a multivitamin include:
- protection against mineral shortfalls not found in your diet
- optimization of cellular function
- aids in helping all of your systems work consistently at their peak
When choosing and taking your multivitamin, here are some additional things to consider:
- Buy multis in capsule form with an easily absorbed enteric coating versus harder-to-digest tablet versions.
- Always take your multi with food to assist with absorption and prevent the queasiness that can sometimes occur on an empty stomach.
- If you’re on medications, review your multi’s contents with your doctor
- As there is currently little regulation of supplements in the US, be sure to buy from a reputable company.